Copyright & Trademark
This work is licensed under a Peer Production License, which permits reuse exclusively for non-commercial and worker-owned enterprises.
Ampled has adopted a general policy regarding copyright in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998. Ampled removes material that is the subject of a compliant DMCA takedown notice. Section 512 of the DMCA provides the rules for reporting copyright infringement and for filing a counter-notification.
If you believe your copyright is being infringed, you can report the alleged violation. If something you posted was the subject of a takedown notice, you can submit a counter-notification.
Ampled has adopted a policy of, in appropriate circumstances, terminating user accounts that are repeat infringers of the intellectual property rights of others. Ampled also may terminate user accounts based on even a single infringement.
If you're not sure whether material on Ampled infringes on your copyright, please consult with an attorney before filing a DMCA notification. Misrepresenting that material infringes on your copyright may subject you to liability for damages, including costs and attorneys' fees incurred by Artists or other parties.
If you believe that your copyright is being infringed, you can file a DMCA notification by completing our DMCA form or by emailing us at [email protected] Your claim must include the following information (please note that all information must be submitted in English):
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site, sufficient for Ampled to locate the material;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you understand that under 17 U.S.C § 512(f) you may be liable for any damages, including costs and attorneys' fees, if you knowingly and materially misrepresent that reported material or activity is infringing;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you that the information in your notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Submitting your notification via our form is the fastest way to file your claim, but you may also send the required information to our copyright agent at the following address:
c/o NEW INC Attn: Copyright 231 Bowery, Fl 2 New York, NY 10002
If Ampled receives a DMCA notice about content on your artist page, our policy is to remove the infringing material or disable access to your artist page until the dispute is resolved or the DMCA process is complete. You will receive an email from Ampled attaching the alleged copyright owner's notice and providing instructions for filing a counter-notification. Ampled will process DMCA notifications and counter-notifications that it receives, but we cannot adjudicate these disputes.